• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 wildeone

wildeone

Cat-2

• Members
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 03:15 PM

just when you thought they couldn't stoop any lower...

Lawyer's letter to Sir Floyd

CN article and Floyd's response

original German TV Interview

:blink:
« Mais rassurez-vous demain, pour faire taire les rumeurs, je roulerai complètement à poil. »

#2 shag

shag

Cat-2

• Members
  • 2,737 posts
  • Interests:Heavy metal, thrash metal, death metal, metalcore. And beer.

Posted 16 February 2011 - 07:51 AM

In addition to being corrupt, the UCI is quite possibly the stupidest organization roaming the face of the earth.

108 presente

#3 Leafcake

Leafcake

Cat-5

• Members
  • 1,446 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:35 AM

It is with great displeasure that I read about the rubber stamp of the Swiss court. Therefore out of solidarity and in the name of free speech, filled with rage I stand here on the balcony of the Floyd Landis sub forum of the DPF and shout from the top of my lungs:

The Union Cycliste Internationale, Patrick (Pat) McQuaid and Henricus (Hein) Verbruggen have concealed cases of doping, received money for doing so, have accepted money from Lance Armstrong to conceal a doping case, have protected certain racing cyclists, concealed cases of doping, have engaged in manipulation, particularly of tests and races, have hesitated and delayed publishing the results of a positive test on Alberto Contador, have accepted bribes, are corrupt, are terrorists, have no regard for the rules, load the dice, are fools, do not have a genuine desire to restore discipline to cycling, are full of sh1t, are clowns, their words are worthless, are liars, are no different to Colonel Muammar Gaddafi, and well oiled heartless omerta enforcing machines!

Read more: http://www.velonatio...ation-case.aspx

Edited by Leafcake, 03 October 2012 - 07:36 AM.

"But it's not elves exactly"
- R.Frost

#4 wildeone

wildeone

Cat-2

• Members
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:52 AM

i join you in shouting:

The Union Cycliste Internationale, Patrick (Pat) McQuaid and Henricus (Hein) Verbruggen have concealed cases of doping, received money for doing so, have accepted money from Lance Armstrong to conceal a doping case, have protected certain racing cyclists, concealed cases of doping, have engaged in manipulation, particularly of tests and races, have hesitated and delayed publishing the results of a positive test on Alberto Contador, have accepted bribes, are corrupt, are terrorists, have no regard for the rules, load the dice, are fools, do not have a genuine desire to restore discipline to cycling, are full of sh1t, are clowns, their words are worthless, are liars, are no different to Colonel Muammar Gaddafi, and well oiled heartless omerta enforcing machines!
« Mais rassurez-vous demain, pour faire taire les rumeurs, je roulerai complètement à poil. »

#5 The Rake

The Rake

Cat-1

• Members
  • 3,171 posts
  • Interests:Cycling, Rugby, Horse Racing, Guitars

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:54 AM

Comedy. Proof that Verbruggen and McQuaid live in a kindergarten playground.

"Miss! That boy Landis just compared me to Colonel Gadaffi. Boo hoo!"

Numpties.

Let's see what the impact of this is on the Kimmage Fund.
La madre dell'idiota e sempre in cinta

#6 crockett

crockett

Cat-5

• Members
  • 1,309 posts
  • Interests:Beer

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:00 AM

In addition to being corrupt, the UCI is quite possibly the stupidest organization roaming the face of the earth.

Reminds me of a quote from a very entertaining movie, Ruthless people.

"This may very well be the stupidest person on the face of the earth - perhaps we should shoot him."

I don't want shag to get sued, but is this (figuratively) what you are suggesting?

#7 Leafcake

Leafcake

Cat-5

• Members
  • 1,446 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:07 PM

"But it's not elves exactly"
- R.Frost

#8 The Rake

The Rake

Cat-1

• Members
  • 3,171 posts
  • Interests:Cycling, Rugby, Horse Racing, Guitars

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:59 PM

The reporting of the outcome is quite entertaining. Though Floyd "lost" the case and is no longer allowed to defame the UCI, wesbites, bloggers etc are having a field day:

1. a very tongue in cheek Cycling News: http://www.cyclingne...defamation-suit

The cease and desist order prohibits Landis from making allegations against the UCI that they "concealed cases of doping, received money for doing so, have accepted money from Lance Armstrong to conceal a doping case, have protected certain racing cyclists, concealed cases of doping, have engaged in manipulation, particularly of tests and races," and more.

It also prohibits Landis from calling the UCI "full of ####", "clowns" and "liars", and orders him to pay damages of 10,000 Swiss francs each to McQuaid and Verbruggen, plus 4,600 each in court costs.

2. Velonews (agains quoted the liars, clowns etc): http://velonews.comp...t-landis_248019

The UCI has endured a bit of a PR nightmare recently with its lawsuit against Kimmage, who last year published an interview with Landis, who repeated these statements, in both The Sunday Times and NYVelocity.com.

3. The Guardian (who thought the case might have been a wind up): http://www.guardian....dis-damages-uci

It also said Landis was forbidden to state that the UCI "are clowns ... are no different to Colonel Muammar Gaddafi, or to make any similar allegations". A call to the UCI confirmed the document was genuine.

4. Velonation: interesting quotes from McQuaid, he may want to think about http://www.velonatio...ation-case.aspx

McQuaid .... “I think Landis is in a very sad situation and I feel sorry for the guy because I don’t accept anything he says as true. Where does that leave his credibility? He has an agenda and is obviously out to seek revenge.”

Hello, Mr Pot have you met Mr Kettle?

Almost all sites I have looked up have enjoyed quoting what Landis is no longer allowed to say.

SO the UCI seems through this case to have raised awareness among cycling fans and non fans that they are, indeed, clowns and liars.

So far only the BBC that I have researched is taking a serious view, disappointingly: http://www.bbc.co.uk...ycling/19822662

Disgraced cyclist Floyd Landis found guilty of defaming UCI chiefs

Edited by The Rake, 03 October 2012 - 02:00 PM.

La madre dell'idiota e sempre in cinta

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users